NEW's Question of the Week - May 17, 2021:
How will you discover what students need in order to fill in any gaps that have occurred during the pandemic?
NEW wants to hear from you!
Send us your thoughts!
To Communicate with NEW on any of these topics:
- Do you know of a Christian School or an individual Christian educator who needs the support of other Nazarene Educators Worldwide? Let NEW know the details and we will try to help!
Are you willing to mentor/disciple an educator?
- We all benefit from discipleship as we each have an incredible library of experiences and you can help share your expertise!
Prayer Care Opportunity
- Do you need prayer? Do you know an educator who needs God’s intervention in their life? Are you willing to join us as a prayer partner? Consider tapping into the Power of God through prayer.
Are you a College Student preparing for a career in education?
- Join NEW as a full time college student preparing for a career in education or full time Christian ministry!
Do you know of a Christian Educator or Christian School that is doing something amazing?
- We would like to feature them in a special section on our website or in our newsletter. Share your experience!
Let’s share resources and ideas!
- Connect with others through our Facebook group!
- Let us know if you are interested in representing NEW in your region!
- Please consider sharing your job openings with us:
MK School in Papua New Guinea Offers Teaching Opportunity
by David Howard
Have you ever contemplated serving the Lord by teaching overseas in a short-term mission assignment? The MK (missionary kid) elementary school at the Kudjip Nazarene Hospital missions station located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea (PNG) is looking for teachers.
During the 2018-2019 school year, my wife, Brenda, and I had the awesome opportunity to teach at the school. The English-speaking school is home to 7 to 10, first through fifth graders who are the children of the doctors and other missionaries at the missions station. Home-school curriculum is used that allows the students to continue their schooling when their families rotate back to the states for three-month home assignments. Parents and other hospital staff teach an elective class in a rotation at the end of each day.
The recently remodeled schoolhouse has all the comforts of a modern school including technology. Teachers commit to one or two years and must raise their own support. Comfortable housing is provided on the station.
In addition to the joy of serving the Lord teaching young people, we also developed lasting friendships with the missionaries and nationals who live and work on the station. Opportunities to explore the culture of the PNG highlands are available such as hiking, shopping at markets, attending cultural shows, and visiting bush churches.
An MK middle school/high school exists on the station and is also in need of future teachers.
David Howard and his wife, Brenda, are retired school teachers living in Moscow, Idaho. They are active members of the First Church of the Nazarene in Moscow.